Ulysses S. Grant Bicentennial 1822 - 2022
On June 23, 2015, the United States Senate designated the Ulysses S. Grant Association as the organization to organize the bicentennial celebration of the birth of Ulysses S. Grant, Civil War General and 2-term President of the United States.
*** Website coming soon. ***
- Frank J. Williams - Chief Justice (ret.) Rhode Island Supreme Court and President of Ulysses S. Grant Association
- John F. Marszalek - Executive Director, Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library and Museum/U.S. Grant Association – ex officio
- Ulysses Grant Dietz -VP for Acquisitions, U.S. Grant Association
- Eddie Rangel - Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library and Museum /U.S. Grant Association – ex officio
- William (Brother) Rogers - Mississippi Department of Archives and History
- Michael A. Devine - Director (ret) Harry S. Truman Pres. Library
- Sarah McCullough - Coordinator of Cultural Heritage Projects, MSU Libraries
- Edna Greene Medford - Professor of History, Howard University
- Stuart Rockoff - Executive Director of the MS Humanities Council
About the Bicentennial Celebration
The year 2022 will mark the bicentennial of the birth of Ulysses S. Grant.
The United States Senate appointed the U. S. Grant Association (USGA) as the lead organization for this bicentennial. The aim of the USGA is to make the Grant bicentennial an inclusive and collaborative project among all Grant sites to be sure that U.S. Grant receives the honors he so richly deserves. All the Grant sites are unique and valuable in their own right—they tell an important part of the Grant story. In order to effectively celebrate the life of U.S. Grant, we hope to include as many sites as possible in this important mission.
Our plan is to be sure that all Grant organizations will sponsor an important Grant event. We would like to follow a chronological celebration of Grant that corelates with the relevance of the sites to Grant’s life. The bicentennial celebration will begin with an inaugural celebration in March here at the Ulysses S. Grant Library and Museum. We also hope to establish a traveling exhibit designed here at the Grant Library.
This website is dedicated to the bicentennial celebration. This will serve as the main platform where we will promote and feature all the events and sites related to the celebration.
Thank you for your attention. For further information, please contact:
Eddie Rangel, Assistant to the Executive Director, Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library, Mitchell Memorial Library, Mississippi State, MS 39762.